In October, PTPC surveyed pickleball players around the county to determine what their priorities are for continuing to develop more places to play. Below you will find the results of the survey. There were 68 respondents, out of 211 subscribers (response rate 32%). It is estimated that 80% of the respondents are PTPC members. The Board thanks all of those who took the time to respond to the survey. These results will guide the Board in its decisions as it develops a Strategic Plan for the next five years in Port Townsend and East Jefferson County.
A Strategic Planning Committee has been formed to help craft a concise plan for moving forward to accomplish the Club's goals. The plan will then be discussed and voted on by the Board. Though the Committee has been working for a couple of months already, it is not too late for you to volunteer to be on the Committee if this kind of work excites you. Please email Lynn Pierle at email@example.com.
Please note: the responses are listed in percentages of the total vote.
1 .It is important to build public, high quality, outdoor, pickleball-only courts at one site.
a. Strongly agree 39.4
b. Agree 24.2
c. No opinion 12.1
d. Disagree 19.7
e. Strongly disagree 4.5
2. It is important that more public places to play pickleball outdoors be located at various sites around East Jefferson County.
a. Strongly agree 19.4
b. Agree 43.3
c. No opinion 16.4
d. Disagree 19.4
e. Strongly disagree 1.5
3.. It is important to develop more public places to play pickleball indoors.
a. Strongly agree 61.2
b. Agree 25.4
c. No opinion 10.4
d. Disagree 0
e. Strongly disagree 3.0
4. It is important to build a public high quality, indoor, pickleball-only facility.
a. Strongly agree 27.3
b. Agree 13.6
c. No opinion 22.7
d. Disagree 22.7
d. Strongly disagree 13.6
5. A new or upgraded multi-use indoor public facility which can be shared with other organizations and has space for four pickleball courts would meet the needs of the community for indoor pickleball play.
a. Strongly agree 34.3
a. Agree 40.3
b. No opinion 11.9
c. Disagree 7.5
d. Strongly disagree 6.0
6. Which of the following is the MOST IMPORTANT to you. Choose only one.
36.4 A new or upgraded multi-use indoor public facility which can be shared with other organizations with space for four pickleball courts
28.8 Indoor, pickleball-only facility with 4-6 courts
28.8 Outdoor, pickleball-only facility with 6-8 courts at one site
6.0 Other outdoor pickleball courts (with 2-4 at each facility), in addition to the Courthouse courts, spaced around East Jefferson County (like H.J. Carroll Park, Fort Worden, etc.)
7. In the previous question, you indicated which project is the MOST IMPORTANT for you. Now of the remaining projects listed, indicate which ones are NOT A PRIORITY for you? Check all that apply
40.2 Other outdoor pickleball courts (with 2-4 at each facility), in addition to the Courthouse courts, spaced around East Jefferson County (like H.J. Carroll Park, Fort Worden, etc.)
26.4 Indoor, pickleball-only facility with 4-6 courts
19.5 A new or upgraded multi-use indoor public facility which can be shared with other organizations with space for four pickleball courts
13.5 Outdoor, pickleball-only facility with 6-8 courts at one site
8. Assume that PTPC will raise the funds for a new public pickleball facility from private and public sources. How much would you be willing to donate for your preferred facility?
a. $100 - $250 34.8
b. $250 - $500 25.8
c. $500 - $1000 18.2
d. $100 13.6
e Not likely to donate 0
9. Assuming fundraising for a new or upgraded pickleball facility would take a year or longer, how much time would you be likely to commit to fundraising for your preferred facility?
a. One or more days or evenings per month 41.8
b. An occasional hour or two 26.9
c. Not likely to help with fundraising 22.4
d. One or more days or evenings per week 9
10. In which part of Jefferson County do you reside?
42.4 Port Townsend city limits
6.1 Kala Point
28.8 Cape George
6.1 Port Hadlock/Chimacum/Irondale
13.6 Port Ludlow
3.0 Other East Jefferson County, or outside the county
11. Do you usually live in or travel to a warmer climate in the winter (Oct – April); in other words, are you a snow bird?
62.7 No, I live in the Pacific Northwest all year round
13.4 1-2 months
11.9 3-4 months
11.9 More than 4 months
We gratefully accept donations in support of our operations and building fund. Your donations are tax deductible. Thank You!
We are a 501C non-profit corporation. Your donations are tax deductible.